BOM Journal: 1 Nephi 4


1 Nephi 4: 6 "I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.”

Sometimes I feel like that! Choosing to just go and be somewhere not knowing why but doing it anyways because it felt like something I needed to do. I felt this most when I was Relief Society president and Young Women's President. Not as much now, so I do want to get back to that kind of discipleship. Notice that I’m not blaming God or wondering where He is, why He’s not helping me to feel like that or sending me more promptings, He is always there waiting for me! He never changes, I’m the one who is changing, so I do realize that.

1 Nephi 4:10 "Never at anytime have I shed the blood of a man."

Ok so I always feel for Nephi here, he is such a gentle man, not even willing to lay a hand on his brothers after I during the time they beat him. 😡 He's not once has gone to war, he is so young. I think because he was so pure and righteous and was always able to maintain himself pure and unspotted and remain in tune to the Spirit, that he could do things for the Lord without questioning himself, the voices / instruction he was given as it for real was coming from the Lord. He had already learned to distinguish the Spirit’s whispers, the adversary’s fiery darts and his own thoughts. That says a lot about the man Nephi was. He could recognize revelation and act on it, he was a perfect instrument in the Lord’s hands.

No comments